I’ve never seen any life transformation that didn’t begin with the person in question finally getting tired of their own bullshit.
- Elizabeth Gilbert (via liquid-diamonds-flowing
- Your gun has gotten you everything you have. Isn’t that true?.
- Sure. Everything. After a while, you can call bartenders and Faro dealers by their first names. Maybe two hundred of ‘em. Rented rooms you live in, five hundred. Meals eaten in hash-houses, a thousand. Home, none. Wife, none. Kids… none. Prospects, zero. Suppose I left anything out?.
- Yeah. Places you’re tied down to, none. People with a hold on you, none. Men you step aside for, none.
- Insults swallowed, none. Enemies, none.
- No enemies?.
The Magnificent Seven (1960)